Oatmeal is always tasty, which is a really good thing considering oats are one of the healthiest foods you can eat. Packed full of nutrients like manganese, vitamin B1, fiber and protein, oatmeal makes a great meal not only because it’s so delicious, but also because it’s a slow-digesting carb, offering long-lasting energy, a low impact food that’s perfect before any workout. This version is sweet and savory, and so easy to prepare.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
2 cups cooked oats
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 apples, peeled and sliced
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Heat the oil over medium heat in a small saucepan.
2. Use a food processor or blender and pulse the apples just a few times, so they form into small pieces.
3. Cook the apples covered until tender, about 3-5 minutes, flipping every minute or so to ensure even cooking.
4. Add the cinnamon in with the apples and stir well, remove from heat.
5. Mix the apple and cinnamon mixture in with the oatmeal and serve immediately.
This would be perfect for breakfast any day, and definitely as a pre-workout meal before weight lifting because it will keep you feeling full and energized while you make those gains.