There is something so special about the taste of roasted tomatoes. If you haven’t tried them before, it’s definitely time you do.
Simple but Savory Roasted Tomatoes
4 large tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice the tomatoes in half across the middle, so you’re separating the top and bottom of each. Remove the stems from both ends.
3. With the tomato pieces facing up so you can see the seeds inside, drizzle the olive oil over the tops of the tomatoes.
4. Sprinkle the basil and oregano evenly over the tomatoes.
5. Carefully place the tomatoes face down on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake the tomatoes for 30 minutes. You can pull the skins off easily once they’re cooked – be careful so you don’t turn the tomatoes into mush because they will be tender – then flip them over right side up to plate them.
These roasted tomatoes are so quick and easy to make, but the taste is divine. You’d think you had spent hours slaving in the kitchen making these things. Try them on their own, over a bowl of egg noodles, or with some asparagus and roasted potatoes for a tasty meal.