Even though spring is right around the corner (or at least I keep telling myself that), in the meantime while it’s still bitter cold out, it’s always nice to have some warm, vibrant soup recipes on hand to get you through the cold, dull, winter months.
Curried Vegetable Soup
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 red onion, diced
1 cup cooked chickpeas
2 cups broccoli romanesco, chopped into florets
2 cups cauliflower, chopped into florets
4 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 cup coconut milk
2 slices ginger
2 teaspoons curry powder
2 tablespoons Tahini sauce
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Warm the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook for 1 minute.
3. Stir in the chickpeas, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Cook for 2-3 minutes before adding in the coconut milk, ginger, curry powder, Tahini sauce, salt and pepper.
4. Cook for about 10 minutes covered, until the vegetables are tender.
5. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
This recipe is total comfort food, but in all the right ways. It also refrigerates and freezes well, so it’s the perfect meal if you want to save some leftovers or like to prep your meals ahead of time.