Who says oatmeal has to be plain and boring? I eat oatmeal quite often, especially for breakfast on days when I have a weight training session planned for the afternoon and I want to get in lots of fiber and protein. It’s a slow-digesting food that makes you feel full longer, which helps when you’re doing an intense hour-long workout later on.
Strawberry Banana Oatmeal
1 cup oats
1 strawberry, sliced
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Prepare the oatmeal. (I use a 1:2 ratio instant oats to water, cook for about 3 minutes, and it always turns out perfect).
2. In a small bowl, mash up the banana with a fork. You can use a masher, but I find the banana tends to get stuck and it’s much easier with the small tongs on the fork.
3. With the oatmeal still in the pot, pour in the mashed banana and mix together well.
4. Pour the oatmeal into a medium-sized serving bowl, and add the sliced strawberry pieces on top.
5. Finish by sprinkling the cinnamon lightly over top.
This delicious oatmeal gives you a burst of flavour in the morning and keeps you from getting bored with your regular oats for breakfast. Enjoy as is, or splash a bit of almond milk on top for pure perfection.