Bell peppers are one of the healthiest types of veggies you can eat, and there are so many yummy ways to eat them. This recipe can be used for any colour of peppers, even jalepeno peppers if you can stand the heat. (Sometimes I’ll use a jalepeno pepper for myself and a regular bell pepper for the little one, so you can do whatever works for you). It’s really easy to do and is perfect as an appetizer for a get together at your place, or as a side with your main course.
Stuffed Pepper Pieces
1 cup fire roasted tomato hummus
4 bell peppers
2/3 cup almond milk
1/2 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the four sides off each pepper, leaving you with 16 pieces total.
3. Spoon a thin layer of hummus evenly onto each piece.
4. Put the almond milk into one bowl, the flour into another with the salt and pepper, and the breadcrumbs into a third.
5. Dip each pepper piece into the milk, then into the flour, into the milk again, and finally into the breadcrumbs to coat allover.
6. Place the coated peppers onto a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes.
Serve this dish with a delicious garden salad or even just some leafy greens such as watercress, spinach or arugula.