There are some who aren’t fond of cooked avocado. If you’re like me, you’ll eat avocado whether it’s hot, cold, with some fruit or baked in the oven with eggs, like this oh-so-delish recipe.
Baked Eggs in Avocado
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice the avocados in half and remove the pits.
3. Scoop out a bit of the avocado from the center of each.
4. Carefully slice a small amount off the bottom of each avocado, to create a flatter surface.
5. Crack the eggs, pouring one in each avocado. It doesn’t matter if some of the egg white drips out, just make sure you keep the yolk intact. (Depending on the size of the avocado and the egg, there may be a bit of egg overflow, so it’s best to do this part over a dish).
6. Transfer the avocados to a baking sheet.
7. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the tops of the avocados. Coat the top of each with Parmesan cheese.
8. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until the egg white is cooked, the yolk is still a bit runny (if you want it firmer, cook for a couple minutes longer), and the cheese is lightly browned.
9. Remove with a spatula and enjoy.
This recipe serves 2 people. Serve it with some fresh cut veggies, like carrot and zucchini sticks, or with a slice of homemade garlic bread.