Recently we tried the super delicious zucchini Parmesan crisps, and we know how delicious Parmesan is with our favourite veggies. This version is with tomatoes, and is slightly different but just as tasty and nutritious.
Baked Tomato Parmesan
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the ends off the tomatoes, then slice each tomato in half, leaving you with four thick slices.
3. Place the sliced tomatoes face up on a baking sheet.
4. Add the Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper over top of the tomatoes, then drizzle over top with the olive oil.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the tomatoes are tender and the cheese has melted.
These work great as a side or as an entrée if you put a couple in between some healthy whole grain bread. Or serve on the side with some egg noodles or pasta, or with some fresh leafy greens for a delicious salad.