These are a favourite in my house. They’re so easy to make and they are a way better option than French fries and other sides you may rely on with your meals. Zucchini is delicious on its own and it’s so incredibly versatile, you can use it in so many different dishes — especially if you’re a huge zucchini fan, like myself. There are a lot of different takes on the zucchini fry recipe. This is mine.
2 zucchini, sliced into thin fry shapes
1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1. Lightly grease a baking sheet and preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Set out 3 separate medium-sized bowls beside each other, with the baking sheet on the side to the right of the bowls. (For this recipe, you want to get a sort of assembly line going, with the three separate bowls, moving the zucchini from one to the next and then onto the baking sheet).
3. Put the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder into the first bowl, whip up the eggs and milk together in the second, and use the third bowl for the breadcrumbs.
4. Put a few of the zucchini pieces into the flour mixture, coating them lightly. Then move them into the egg and milk mixture to coat, and finally dip them into the breadcrumbs, coating evenly on both sides, then onto the baking sheet.
5. Continue this with the rest of the zucchini pieces, until they’re all ready go on the baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, flip all the pieces, and cook for another 10 minutes.
7. Remove with a spatula and serve immediately.
Serve these delicious zucchini fries as a side with some veggie burgers or a nice cold salad with chickpeas or tomatoes. Marinara and hot sauce both work great as a dip for these tasty zucchini fries.