If you’ve ever tried zucchini Parmesan, you know how scrumptious it is. Zucchini is a fantastic food because not only is it mouth-wateringly delicious, it’s also super healthy and extremely versatile. Another meal idea for this wonder-veggie is for zucchini Parmesan crisps. It’s a different take on the typical zucchini Parmesan dish, is really easy to make and is full of flavour.
Zucchini Parmesan Crisps
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 plain dry bread crumbs
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick round pieces.
3. In a small bowl, combine the zucchini with the oil, ensuring all pieces are lightly coated on both sides.
4. In a separate small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
5. Dip each of the zucchini slices into the Parmesan mixture, coating evenly on both sides.
6. Arrange the zucchini slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp on top. Flip halfway through cooking, so both sides get nice and crispy.
8. Remove the pieces with a spatula and serve immediately.
These little zucchini Parmesan crisps are so tasty and are fantastic as an appetizer, or served on the side with an entree like veggie burgers. They’re nice and crispy like French fries, but WAY healthier. Not to mention ten times tastier. I like adding some fried onion and fresh sliced tomato on the side. Or add some thinly sliced avocado over top. Delish!