Happy Saturday! Hope you’re having a wonderful day so far. Whether you got to sleep in or you’ve been up for hours already, you’re probably getting hungry and want something simple but super tasty to eat. I’ve got the perfect recipe for you. Skip that boxed pancake mix and take a few minutes to make your own. It’s more than worth it, not only for the health benefits, but also the taste. These almond flour pancakes are one of my favourite things to enjoy as a brunch on the weekend, and once you try them for yourself, I’m sure they’ll become a staple in your house too.
Almond Flour Pancakes
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Combine the almond flour, applesauce, coconut flour, eggs, water, nutmeg, and sea salt together in a medium-sized bowl, mixing everything together well with a fork.
2. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, adding a bit of coconut oil into the pan after it warms up. Don’t turn the heat up too high, or the outsides of the pancakes will burn and the insides won’t cook properly.
3. Pour about 1/4 cup worth of the batter into the pan to make one pancake, adding another 1/4 cup for a second pancake if there’s enough room.
4. Once you start seeing bubbles showing through on the top side of the pancake, it’s ready to flip. Use a spatula to slide under one side first, to check and ensure the bottom side is lightly browned before flipping.
5. Cook the other side until it’s lightly browned as well, then remove it and set it aside. Add a bit more coconut oil into the pan and repeat this process with the remaining batter. Depending on the size you make your pancakes, you should get at least 4 medium-sized pancakes out of this recipe.
Add some fresh berries on top and dig in. You can even drizzle a bit of honey (raw honey is better than pasteurized) over top for a little added touch of sweetness. These yummy pancakes only take about 20 minutes in total to make and this recipe is enough to serve 2 people (or just you, if you’re really hungry).